Information Service – Service levels
The Information Service has three service levels, from which you can choose the one that best meets your requirements for how you want your mail to be handled. It is possible to choose a different service level for different mailings.
|A full address check using Itella’s address information system and the recipient’s address history available in the system2||x||x|
|Forwarding even though the recipient's change-of-address notification is no longer valid2||x||x|
|Returning of undeliverable bulk letters and magazines2||x||x|
|Providing information on undelivered items||x||x|
|Providing change-of-address information||x||x|
|Providing identification information (e.g., a customer or campaign number) if this is indicated in the shipment.||x||x|
|Providing additional information||x||x|
1) Itella's Maintenance Service customers can also use the Individual Information Service where the service levels are A and E. For functions, Level A corresponds with Level 1 and Level E with Level 2. The use of the Individual Information Service must always be agreed upon separately.
2) Address check, redirection and returning of undeliverable items are included in the basic letter service.
Returning undelivered items:
- We will return items that, because the addressee's address was not found, could not be delivered.
Providing information on undelivered items:
- In addition to notifying you of an old/incorrect address, Itella will inform you of not having been able to find the new address and due to this reason not been able to deliver the item to the addressee.
Providing change-of-address information:
Itella will provide you with the new/corrected address after delivering your mail.
Providing identification information:
- In addition to change-of-address information, you will receive customer identification information, if this is indicated in the shipment.
- The identification information can be a customer number / order number / member number or another identifier, that uniquely identifies the addressee.
- The maximum length of the identification information is 17 characters.
Providing additional information:
- You will also receive additional information about your customers, such as that the addressee has died, the addressee is an adult / a minor or the addressee company site is active/closed.
Information Service shipments are marked with the adjacent i-symbol. In addition, the shipments should be marked with a service number, a service level and possibly an identification number and a bar code. The use of bar codes is recommended.